A few times per year, I publish a collection of unsorted photos that piled on my hard drive. Like today.
Sometimes, I accompany them pics with a talk about light, places..
...But this time, I will talk about this website and how can we support each other instead:
Writing this blog is fun. I do it to keep my friends updated about what I am up to and inspire people to make their own adventures. It is independent ad-free, with no limit on the number of articles or other restrictions. But maintaining it requires a few tools - and that's the matter which's been a bit rough this year.
Plenty of my electronics suddenly quit on me (including my laptop, camera, and multiple external storages).
So, I am asking for help. But it isn't for nothing: I can also send you a print of your choice; almost anything from this website is available.
Many of the stories I write here are about places around the world, and travelling tips and tricks. To get around and get the most of the opportunities, I made several maps of points of interest. Now, I you can get it to use as a guide to plan your trip.
At the moment, I have the following maps ready:
- Comprehensive POI of Scotland: My most detailed map as of now, giving a guide to over a year worth of weekend trips. It shows lighthouses, waterfalls, castles, landmarks, mountains that are worth climbing, even stuff like roads that are fun to drive, nice galleries, hostels that I used and liked, list of bothies, and more.
- north-west Arkansas + Tulsa POI: mostly waterfalls and nature.
- Based on my Arkansas road trip.
- Budapest: historic POI.
- Based on my visit to the city
- Colorado trails: Some of the best off-road trails in the state + cool places to visit along. Connect them as you wish to make a ultimate road trip, like I did.
- Dallas + Fort Worth: interesting views and architecture
- Based on this road trip
- Denver & Colo Springs: places with a nice view and industrial POI
- Prague: mostly historic POI
- New Orleans: Places with nice views
- Shanghai's galleries, museums, places with cool views, temples and modern architecture.
- St Louis: (Mostly) industrial beauty of the city
- based on this road trip
If there's demand, I can make you a map of cool places of: Beijing, Dublin, Hangzhou, London, Wroclaw and possibly other places. At the moment, access to one of the maps is for $13 / €11.5 / £10 (and you'll need a Google account). Prints depend on size and material. Quality photographic paper sized ANSI-B / A3; for example, is $65 / €57 / £50. Get in touch, I'll be happy to discuss details with you.
And if you appreciate the posts, some of which are over 1000 words long, others are photo collections showcasing wonders of our planet, you can support my efforts through PayPal. Any amount helps to keep this web up and running, and is appreciated.
If you know someone who might want a print or could benefit from the maps, spread the word. Many thanks, J.
See my previous season collections, such as:
...And enjoy the holiday!
Published by: Jakub Stepanovic in Collections